Week 14: Hitchhikers Guide Book 1 (4 points)

 This was my first time reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and I very much enjoyed it. It was a nice refresher due to the unpredictable nature of Douglas Adams. By this I mean the absolute satire of the situation I found myself in as a reader throughout the coarse of reading this book. Such as the earth being made the new computer to determine the answer to life and other big picture questions of the universe being blown up and destroyed at the beginning when it was only minutes away from determining the answer. That gave me a laugh. I was not sure how I would like the style of Douglas Adams in the sense that the story takes so many turns and the overall plot does not have much structure to it other than many random strange encounters along the way of exploring the galaxy. And despite liking it in the end, I certainly found myself having to go back and re read certain parts due to the absolute absurdity of them. 

But overall, I greatly enjoyed Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and look forward to exploring the other texts in the series by Douglas Adams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12: Bloodchild (5 points)

Week 9: The Martian (6 points)